If you are thinking of adding another story to your home, there are some important factors that need to be considered. The majority of home additions made are due to families getting bigger and needing more space, but they can also be in order to build a home office or gym. There are a number of pros and cons for a second story addition to your property.
- Building a second story addition means that you won’t need to use any of your backyard space, or side space, for your extension.
- Second story extensions significantly increase the value of your property.
- The house addition will provide almost double your living space area, which can be used for whatever you desire: extra bedrooms, luxury bathrooms and a play area for the kids.
- Additional living space will be gained in your own comfortable house, without having to move properties and all the headaches that go with it.
- The second story rooms will give you added views of the areas around your house.
- The design layout and size of all of the extensions, are all dependent on your decisions and design ideas, ensuring your extension will be designed exactly as you want.
- Make sure you are not breaking any building codes and that you get the correct building permits before you start the house additions.
- Structural analysis will be needed on your building to ascertain that the foundations are strong enough to bear the extra weight of the home addition.
- Second story extensions don’t come cheap, you need to make sure that you have the finances to do the job properly.